The Teen Challenge Residential Rehabilitation Program is presently 14 months long. The local four-month adult male age 18 and over Induction Program is not a shorter version, but the first-phase induction program, which is followed by the ten-month Advanced Program, together they total 14 months.
If you, or your friend or family member wish to rebuild their life, it takes a significant investment in time to tear down the habits of addictive behavior, rebuild a healthy and functional new foundation free from addiction, and launch a new life that is free from the old ways and headed toward success and happiness.
Watch a Video About People Delivered From Addiction at Teen Challenge
The Teen Challenge program is designed for people who have a chronic addiction to either alcohol or drugs, or both: however, we are not equipped to function as a dual-diagnosis program for those with accompanying severe psychiatric disorders. Teen Challenge is a residential in-patient style program, which challenges participants to change their lives through a full schedule of Christ-centered activities, spiritual development, and structured living.
These qualities are all essential to the recovery process: During their stay, students are required to follow a strict set of rules that help to construct character, discipline, and stability. However, this discipline is intended to help the student rebuild their lives, not tear them down, and is tempered with Gods love. The typical daily schedule (weekdays) is below. Weekends include various community outreach activities and visits to church on Sunday:
Students wake up at 6am and have breakfast at 6:30am.
Approved medicine dispersal is 7:15-7:30am
Prayer and Bible devotions are from 7:30-8:30am each weekday.
- Students have free time from 8:30 -9:00am.
- From 9:00am-11:45 is Group Studies for a New Life.
- Lunch is noon-12:45pm each weekday.
- Approved medicine dispersal is 12:45-1:00pm
- 1:00-5:00pm is a varied schedule of prayer, devotional, recreational and personal times
- Dinner is usually at 5pm, followed by cleanup chores
- From 6pm-9:30 each evening has a schedule of various church visits, fundraising and outreach events. Aside from holidays and special events, most of the time is occupied, with the intention of keeping the clients' minds off their former life of addiction while they are busy and productive in their recovery.
- 9:30-10:00pm is a time of personal devotions, and lights out is at 10:00pm.